The Ph.D. Fellowship is no longer available. These pages are for information only.
Udall Fellows are selected primarily for their scholarly excellence, demonstrated commitment to environmental public policy
and/or environmental conflict resolution, and potential to make a significant impact in the real world.
In your letter of recommendation, please address:
How the applicant has demonstrated scholarly excellence through:
- Challenging coursework;
- Recognition from faculty, institution, and/or national honors/awards;
- Presentations and publications.
How the applicant has demonstrated sustained commitment to national environmental policy or environmental conflict resolution
through one or more of the following:
- Career goal and professional aspirations;
- Teaching experience and/or coursework;
- Research/field work;
- Public and community service.
How the dissertation topic is relevant, significant and makes an original contribution to the discipline or field of study.
Please also comment on:
- Evaluation of project design, quality and scope;
Feasibility of proposed timeline for completion.