John S. McCain III National Center for Environmental Conflict Resolution
Find a Mediator or Facilitator
Are you looking for a resolution to an issue or conflict? You need a mediator.
Are you looking to bring a group together to discuss complex or controversial issues,
figure out a shared understanding of the issues, and explore how to work together
to meet common goals? You need a facilitator.
Work with NCECR Mediators and Facilitators
The NCECR provides direct facilitation and mediation when
- Agencies or stakeholders want help selecting a neutral third party;
- Agencies or stakeholders need help to agree on whether they can work together to
reach a common goal;
- Agencies request NCECR staff to address intra-agency disagreements or challenges
that interfere with the agency’s ability to participate effectively in larger collaborative
- An agency prefers to use “federal family” neutral services; or
- Agencies or stakeholders specifically request NCECR staff.
Contact our Tucson or Washington, D.C. offices, or review our
Service Areas to find a Service Area contact who works on issues like yours.
Search the Roster of ECR Professionals
An online searchable database of experienced Environmental Conflict Resolution professionals
who mediate environmental disputes and support collaborative solutions to complex
environmental, public lands, or natural resources issues. Search the Roster to
find a mediator or facilitator, or contact us for assistance.
Use the Native Dispute Resolution Network
The only national network of dispute resolvers with expertise in culturally appropriate
collaboration and conflict resolution across tribal, federal, and state governments.
The network is currently not available online. Please
contact us for assistance.